|MJA and goals|
MJA was formed on 1st of April 2009 with the following Goals
1. Advocate the rights and protection of journalists in a responsible manner.
2. Promote cooperation and professionalism among journalists and work towards establishing free and independent journalism.
3. Advocate for establishing easy access to information for journalists.
4. Work towards promoting cooperation among journalists to establish an atmosphere conducive for free and independent journalism.
5. Work with relevant authorities to get laws established that will protect the rights of journalists and assume a watchdog role in overseeing whether such legislation are adopted and implemented and advocate for such measures.
6. Work towards getting opportunities for journalists for professional training and holding refresher courses.
7. Establish and promote professional cooperation and working relationships with foreign press and media organizations, and work towards getting assistance and cooperation from them.